When researching for my previous essays, I realized one thing:
I published an enormous amount of videos but have no trace
of documentation for any of them.
Not a single spreadsheet, document, or list of ideas.
It’s like they went all from recording to being published.
Could it be true?
I was not organized at all. Ideas would probably come at the same
moment the recording was turned on.
Being such a planning freak those days, it’s hard to believe this was
This left me wondering. How would I do it today?
A Notion workspace would be the base with these different stages:
An ideas input list would always be one click away. This is the key
to publishing content. Always having a backlog to process and build
Once an idea is worth exploring, it moves to the planning phase.
This includes research other videos on the topic, potential graphics,
script, specific needs for that video when to record and publish.
Editing & Publishing
Combined with Notion, I would use Descript to edit the video,
Canva to create the thumbnail, and Ahrefs to search for the perfect
Each published video would be added to a table with tags.
Tags could be video lengths, type of video, title type, thumbnail
Then regularly I could add how the video performed in views, watch
time, or CTR and see what tags were applied to it.
Interested to receive this as a Notion template?
Let me know and I’ll send it to you.
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️