I grew up here.
This was a Twitter thread that went viral some months ago, where
users were sharing screenshots of video games where they spent
time in their youth.
I thought I posted one too as it is something that I associate
strongly with. But when searching Twitter, there was no tweet from
my side on this topic.
See, as a teenager, I spent countless hours in maps like Carentan,
Toujane, Dawnville while playing Call of Duty 2.
Hours of playing an online game with people I met through the
It was an addiction, sometimes saying no to my friends for an
afternoon out, to practice or compete with my online teammates.
What memories remain from these digital worlds today?
One type of memory that stands out is patterns.
Where to look or to place yourself, what to pick.
I could go back to the game now and within seconds find automatism to make those correct moves that would make the difference in a match.
This is what I expect would happen after any intense practice of a sport or hobby.
What also remains is the interaction when not playing with those
teammates. Online or offline.
Overall, just like memories for the real world, only the outstanding
moments are still present.
One notable difference is that I can relive these completely, I can
still access them in saved files that can be replayed in the game.
Twitch or streaming was non-existent. And my internet connection
was just good enough to play.
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️