Do you keep a list of potential side projects?
Welcome to the club.
I have a spreadsheet (recently migrated to my Notion HQ)
where I collect all my side projects that made it a little bit
further than the ideation phase.
Meaning: I bought a domain, launched a Shopify store, wrote
down some emails, designed a logo, ran some ads.
I’m now convinced that this is the wrong way to achieve
Here is why.
Internet mermaids lure you in with easy ideas. You start
thinking about all those potential other ways to make it online:
info products, dropshipping, print-on-demand, services as a
product, podcast, a Clubhouse room…
How are you supposed to learn or deliver results from one
project if you are always thinking about what’s next?
They praise that you need many failures before finding
one that will stick. No, perseverance is key especially if you
believe that this idea is right.
The number one piece of advice I heard from podcast
creators: never launch with only one episode recorded. This
is true for all side projects especially those that need content.
Create a backlog before launching (that’s close to the system
recommended for Ship 30for 30)
I should have known this before launching an interview series
for one of my blogs. The total interview count is still on one…
My advice for you now:
- Open your list
- Pick one idea that you are truly curious about
- Go all-in for at least 6 months.
- Don’t open that list to add new ideas in the meantime.
Tomorrow, I will share how this helped me become a YouTube
niche influencer no one ever heard about with 7,345,691
Like and Subscribe.
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️