SaaS companies and Email marketing, it’s a love story.
Just like pizza and cheese.
It can’t be a success without the special ingredient.
Email marketing plays a slightly different role based on the business
model which can be:
- Free trial or freemium
- Paid only
For the model with a free component: it’s easy to collect the email
addresses, as the customer will signup to try the product.
Your goal is to prepare that customer to transition smoothly to a paid
plan. Show them the features they didn’t try yet with the help of dynamic
content based on activity in the tool.
For the paid plans: it’s first a question of getting the email addresses by
some sort of lead magnet. Ebook, webinar, checklist, you name it.
Your goal is to then nurture them for the right amount of time before
pitching on the pro plans. Focus on the pain points and testimonials that
match the user. Again dynamic content!
On both plans, you can:
They already pay you for your product because it brings them value.
Can you deliver even more and charge for it?
Email is the right medium to showcase this and bring them into a
funnel alongside their normal usage of your product.
If you don’t have the luxury to promote referrals inside your product, use
email for it.
If they cancel their subscription, you need to know why. This will give you
a better idea of what type of win-back campaign you should send and
especially when you need to send it.
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️