Could I give this abandoned YouTube channel a second life?
Earlier this month, I shared the story of my under-the-radar YouTube channel. It is almost inert but still received 85 hours of watch time in the last 28 days and generated $4,70 in revenue
By reflecting on this experience, I started to think about how | could use this asset.
Though what is exactly the asset?
Each subscriber accumulated or the number shown next to my profile picture.
One subscriber can be using a different count by now.
A major factor is also the YouTube algorithm which improved a lot over the past 5 years. Subscribing to an account doesn’t mean anything. In my case, every time I go on Youtube’s homepage, all recommendations are on point and none are from the channels I subscribed to.
So here are some thoughts I have for this channel:
Post again with a content pivot.
The subscribers back then: teenagers grew up to young adults. I could evolve the content to match this change in their life.
Get noticed by YouTube’s algorithm.
Publishing again means starting from scratch as the subscribers are not to see my videos in their feed. The videos I would publish need to start appealing to a new audience which will then recommend them to more people with similar interests.
Sell the channel: price ranges from 500€ to 20000€ for a channel like this. This would be a sad end of the story. 🙅♂️
To be continued.
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️