Everyone has a tool they can’t work without.
A MUT for Most Useful Tool.
I think we don’t talk enough about these.
Mine is Ahrefs.
Another central piece in my toolbox ecosystem could have been Zapier.
But the perceived value of the tool is different. Ahrefs can help me learn
which page, search query, or SERP will impact the bottom line.
Taking their online course on keywords research some years ago was the defining moment that got me to become a true power user.
This video course was probably the best combination of how to solve a business problem with the right tool as the answer that I have taken.
How I use it in most of my projects
Is this website getting any traffic?
For any website that I discover, I want to know if anyone else visits them and how they find it.
Which pages bring the most value
What are the whale pages that bring the major part of the traffic for this site and which keyword is it associated with?
What are my competitors doing with content and paid ads?
Track regularly or check a new entering competitor. Do they target anything I am not working on at the moment?
When I put some work into my pages, is it moving anything in terms of search results ranking?
Tiny content pieces
Which video, tweet, or a small bite of content can be interesting to a group of readers. Find the questions that are crying for answers across all platforms.
And you what’s yours?
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️