A refresh of an article I wrote in 2018: Twitch Marketing is real.
I had seen happen on YouTube in 2013 was repeating itself on a new medium: Twitch.
The platform was getting more and more attention beyond its original gaming audience. Already back then, I was thinking about Twitch for Education (Atomic Essay 22)
The main Fortnite streamer on Twitch just had signed a partnership
with RedBull. While Gilette was also another strong brand sponsoring multiple streamers.
If you were selling video games, in an industry close to it or targeting this audience, your main priority is to build it with the Twitch platform in mind. Otherwise, it would fail.
2021 is the year where I refresh my vision and say that it will go outside of Gaming.
As a Prime (no pun intended) example, last week, I have watched a former French president go on a Twitch channel to answer the chat’s questions.
This was great in a way but still a pretty political moment with clear communication codes.
It just means that your audience doesn’t have to be close to video games anymore, you are only trying to reach a specific target group where they are.
New categories that will be a big hit in the coming month on Twitch are: Music and Comedy.
Musicians will probably have another season without any festival to perform at. While comedians or theater will still be closed for some time.
Both will discover that their audience is already there and that they can create an alternative experience that prolonged the connection and generate a new revenue stream
What’s coming next in live streaming?
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️