500 hours of videos were uploaded to Youtube every minute in 2019.
30,000 hours of new content per hour.720,000 hours of new content per day.
Now that’s only one platform. What about Twitch, Tik Tok, Instagram, and all
other content uploaded online, podcasts, blog posts…
What will we do with all of this content?
I predict that digital urbex will be a thing.
It already started with Twitter, where people go back in someone’s timeline
and search for something funny or just a contradiction to what they are saying
On Twitch, it’s much raw content that no follower, subscriber, or just
is replaying the recorded session from its favorite streamer (or are they?).
The best-off video ends up on Youtube, the best seconds end up on the other
How do you practice digital urbex?
You can have it served on a silver plate by:
Youtube, a pioneer in digital urbex with its algorithm. It surfaces 2, 3, 5 years
old videos based on current events.
Example last week: Daft Punk announce its break up. I get served a video from
Thomas Bangalter from 11 years ago.
Facebook or Instagram memories, you became friends with John, you posted
this photo with Paul X years ago. Here it is again.
Or you can explore on your own.
- Choose a topic
- Search for it on one platform.
- Scroll far far away
- Get lost
Now a serious question:
Will our children binge urbex the content we posted online?
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️