If English is not your first language, you may have faced this situation:
Which keyboard layout do I take?
Personally, I had the choice between 3 types:
QWERTY, QWERTZ, and AZERTY.
Growing up with AZERTY keyboards in France, I never really used them for
writing, it was mostly for playing or only for MSN conversations, lol.
As soon as I moved abroad for work, I picked QWERTY knowing that English
was going to be my main language for the long run.
Even though Germans use the QWERTZ type.
Ok, this was easy, after this was solved, a similar point was raised:
What is the language I want to use for work?
In an international setup, it’s quite clear: English.
Especially when the Internet is my playground.
Though in a city like Berlin, you can have positions covering specific countries.
I do not want to do business in French.
It’s my native language, I use it every day with family and friends but why
should I limit myself to markets that are potentially much smaller than what I
can reach in English?
On the other side, as English is not my first language, I can make mistakes.
Probably often, but I have rarely received any negative comment about it.
Could it be because my interlocutor thinks that because I’m not native, it’s
normal for me to make such errors in their language?
Thinking back, this decision is also a way for me to focus on not trying to
tackle projects across different languages at once.
STAY ON TARGET.
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️