Saturday 9th of April 2016, I see that a first-of-its-kind
tournament will take place the following Saturday in Helsinki
for the game I’ve been making videos about.
The first thing that goes through my mind: This would make
such great content. Casey Neistat and his back at the
airport videos are booming and I just can’t take my eyes off
them. This is my chance to try that vlog format.
I register on the waiting list instantly.
The confirmation comes in on Monday the 11th.
Within minutes I have my flight ticket and one night in an
After that, doubts arise:
I have never shown face on camera but will be filmed at
the event. What to do? I could have decided to hide in a corner
and avoid all eye contact with the cameras.
Instead, I decided to go and dress up as the mascot of the
game: a King with a crown, cape, and mustache.
Cameras loved my look and moves. This gave me even more
content as I made a special cut of all the videos I could find
👉 Turn worries into an opportunity.
Those videos from the event did ok in terms of views
compared to the rest of my content and it didn’t change
anything to my status or trajectory on Youtube.
But the memories I made that weekend were just incredible.
👉 Experience over video views.
Looking back, this moment became the best of my short
YouTuber career and I’m glad that I went all-in.
My Ship30for30 Atomic Essays
- Day 1: Ship & Learn
- Day 2: Side Project List Paralysis
- Day 3: What I learned from 7M views on YouTube.
- Day 4: Going All-in
- Day 5: 2021 Process
- Day 6: Have you ever heard of Pharaoh Ants?
- Day 7: Bulletproof Process
- Day 8: The Many-Faced God of Email Marketing
- Day 9: Unbundling Email Marketing.
- Day 10: Essential Email Marketing for your Online Store
- Day 11: SaaS + Email Marketing
- Day 12: Minimum Writing Agreement
- Day 13: My country?
- Day 14: Second Life
- Day 15: You can earn money creating animated emojis
- Day 16: Urbex the internet
- Day 17: Build an audience first
- Day 18: Turn it into 💸
- Day 19: Financial tips for my 20yo self
- Day 20: Digital Worlds Memories
- Day 21: Allowing Self-Reflection
- Day 22: Twitch as a school
- Day 23: Twitter Eras
- Day 24: What’s your MUT?
- Day 25: Why does one move abroad when others don’t?
- Day 26: Twitch Marketing V2
- Day 27: Are cohort-based courses the solution for a better completion rate?
- Day 28: The
- Day 29: Diving into the knowledge of other minds
- Day 30: 30 for 30 ✔️